Berry bliss muffins
Who doesn’t love a muffin? And everybody loves blueberries, right? These little-people pleasers are simple to make too; they’re all done in just under an hour.
Prep time: 30 minutes + 20 minutes cooking time
Ingredients:1½ cups (375mL) light milk
12 scoops of PediaSure (Strawberry or vanilla)
2 ½ cups (400g) wholemeal self-raising flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 ½ cups (330g) caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
75g melted butter
1 large egg, beaten
125g blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- Preheat oven to 180°C and liberally grease a muffin tray (these are sticky little suckers).
- Mix together strawberry PediaSure and milk in a jug.
- Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and bicarbonate soda in a bowl to remove any lumps.
- Add the milk, vanilla extract, melted butter and beaten egg and briefly mix.
- Spoon mixture into the well-greased muffin tray.
- Evenly divide the blueberries and place them on the top of each of each muffin.
- Bake at 180°C for 20 – 25 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the tray before taking them out (unless you’d like to eat them warm, in which case take them out gently to keep them in one piece).
- Try raspberries, blackberries or chopped strawberries for variety.
* Please note when cooking with or freezing PediaSure powder, there may be a minor loss of some nutrients.