Easy-peasy chocolate slice
This slice is easy-peasy because you don’t even have to turn the oven on. Just melt, mix and chill.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Makes: 18 squares
Ingredients:9 scoops (½ cup) chocolate PediaSure
1 cup icing sugar
50g plain biscuits, broken into small pieces
¼ cup dried cranberries (craisins)
100g dark chocolate
125g butter or coconut oil
2 teaspoons desiccated coconut
1. Grease a 12cm x 22cm loaf baking tray and line with baking paper.
2. Place PediaSure, icing sugar, biscuits and cranberries into a bowl.
3. Place chocolate and butter into a small saucepan over a gentle heat and melt, stirring frequently.
4. Stir chocolate mixture into dry ingredients and mix well. Press into loaf tin evenly. Sprinkle with coconut. Chill until set.
5. Remove from tin and cut into squares (3 x 6) before serving.
- Vary the flavour of the slice by varying the biscuits and dried fruits used.
- To add more fibre, use wheatmeal biscuits.
- Sprinkle with finely chopped nuts in place of coconut.