Fruit sticks with chocolate sludge
Dipping fruit into chocolate is a fun way of enjoying fruit, and the sludge has an impressive range of nutrients from the PediaSure brand. Learn more!
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Makes: 4 serves
Ingredients:For the chocolate sludge
8 scoops PediaSure chocolate
(or 200mL PediaSure chocolate ready to drink)
1 Cup milk
2 Tablespoons sugar
1 Tablespoon cocoa powder (or raw cacao)
1 Tablespoon custard powder
For the fruit sticks
2 cups fresh fruit pieces (such as apple, pear, banana, orange, strawberry)
8 small skewers (e.g. bamboo)
1. Add PediaSure to water and stir well until dissolved. Set aside.
2. In a saucepan, whisk together the custard powder, cocoa, sugar and milk.
3. Bring to the boil over a medium heat while stirring constantly.
4. Remove from heat. Stir in PediaSure and mix until smooth.
5. Heat gently over low heat until warmed through – do not boil.
6. Pour into 4 serving bowls and enjoy warm or chilled.
7. Thread fruit onto skewers and serve 2 with a bowl of sludge for dipping.
- For toddlers, instead of using sticks cut fruit into larger pieces they can pick up
- If eggs and gluten are a problem, choose custard powder that is egg-free and gluten-free