Fruit sticks with chocolate sludge
Dipping fruit into chocolate is a fun way of enjoying fruit, and the “sludge” has an impressive range of nutrients from the PediaSure. You’ll need skewers for the fruit pieces but take care with the sharp ends for little ones – try snapping them off before serving.
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Makes: 4 serves
Ingredients:For the chocolate sludge
8 scoops PediaSure chocolate
(or 200mL PediaSure chocolate ready to drink)
1 Cup milk
2 Tablespoons sugar
1 Tablespoon cocoa powder (or raw cacao)
1 Tablespoon custard powder
For the fruit sticks
2 cups fresh fruit pieces (such as apple, pear, banana, orange, strawberry)
8 small skewers (e.g. bamboo)
1. Add PediaSure to water and stir well until dissolved. Set aside.
2. In a saucepan, whisk together the custard powder, cocoa, sugar and milk.
3. Bring to the boil over a medium heat while stirring constantly.
4. Remove from heat. Stir in PediaSure and mix until smooth.
5. Heat gently over low heat until warmed through – do not boil.
6. Pour into 4 serving bowls and enjoy warm or chilled.
7. Thread fruit onto skewers and serve 2 with a bowl of sludge for dipping.
- For toddlers, instead of using sticks cut fruit into larger pieces they can pick up
- If eggs and gluten are a problem, choose custard powder that is egg-free and gluten-free