Jelly-in-my belly trifle
Trifle is a dessert that has stood the test of time. This one has easy textures and has the extra goodness from PediaSure. Give it a shake for a wobbly-jelly-belly-laugh!
Prep time: 10 minutes + chilling time
Makes: 4 serves
1 x 85g sachet of strawberry jelly crystals
8 scoops PediaSure (strawberry)
½ cup milk
2 tablespoons arrowroot
2 tablespoons water
1 cup milk
4 sponge rolls
1 punnet strawberries, hulled and sliced
- Make up jelly as directed on the packet, pour evenly into two containers and refrigerate overnight. Use only one container for this recipe.
- To make strawberry custard, add Pediasure to ½ cup milk and stir well until dissolved. Set aside.
- In a cup, mix together arrowroot and water to dissolve.
- Place the cup of milk in a saucepan and bring to the boil over a medium heat while stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat and stir in arrowroot until mixture thickens. Remove from heat.
- Stir in PediaSure and mix until combined. Set aside.
- Slice sponge rolls thinly and line the base and sides of four serving glasses.
- Pour custard over the rolls evenly between the four glasses. Spoon over jelly and lay strawberries on the top.
- Place extra servings in the fridge and consume within 2 days.
TIPs:You can swap the sponge roll for any plain cake.