Vanilla cream pudding and berry sauce
This delightfully creamy dessert looks gorgeous and tastes yummy. Packed with nutrition from PediaSure and the berries are delightful. Learn more!
Prep time: 20 minutes plus chilling time
Makes: 3 serves
½ cup milk
½ cup cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon caster sugar
1½ teaspoons gelatine
1 tablespoon warm water
6 scoops PediaSure vanilla
2 Tablespoons water
1 cup (150g) frozen mixed berries
2 teaspoons caster sugar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon water
½ teaspoon arrowroot or cornflour
- Lightly grease three ½-cup moulds with cooking spray (or skip this step and use serving glasses in step 5).
- Place milk, cream, vanilla and caster sugar into a small saucepan. Warm over a medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat.
- In a small dish, stir gelatine and 1 tablespoon warm water until dissolved. Add gelatine into milk mixture and stir to mix.
- Whisk together PediaSure and 2 tablespoons of water into a smooth paste. Add to milk mixture and stir well.
- Pour mixture into prepared moulds or serving glasses. Chill for 2 hours, or overnight, until set.
Place berries, lemon juice and sugar in a small saucepan and stir over a medium heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Mix arrowroot with water until dissolved; add to berries and stir over the heat until just thickened and glossy.
- Remove from heat and cool before serving.
- To serve, turn pudding out of moulds (if using), and spoon over Berry sauce.